[Public WebGL] Re: ETC compression method.

Hi Steve,

The only public description I know of is in the OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture extension spec. There are presentations that Jacob made to the Khronos Group which would give you the information you are looking for but I cannot turn them lose. Jacob is on vacation until the near the end of this month. Once he returns I'll ask him if he can release one of his presentations.

Note that ETC1 is for RGB. For alpha you'll have to wait for ETC2.

ETC is certainly an unfortunate name from the point of view of web searches.

Regards

-Mark