Re: [Public WebGL] texImage2D changed...

Gregg Tavares (wrk) wrote:
> A few others required adding
> gl.PixelStorei(gl.UNPACK_FLIP_Y_WEBGL, true);
>
> But that was it. They all worked.  Hope we can figure out what issue
> is causing trouble for you.
Aha!

That was it - the last parameter of the old call (which I confess, I
shamelessly cut/pasted from one of the demos without looking too
closely) was flipping the image upside-down (evidently that's needed for
PNG images) - when I do a

    gl.pixelStorei ( gl.UNPACK_FLIP_Y_WEBGL, true ) ;

...everything looks OK.  (Most of my textures are heavily atlassed -
which makes it hard to see things like that!)

Anyway - aside from the known bug with the validator under Windows
(which I've temporarily turned off), I'm back with my graphics looking
good.  I'm still concerned about memory consumption...but maybe the
wonders of KTX and ETC will make that moot.

**MANY** thanks guys!  (My game is gonna need a bigger "Thanks to..." page!)

  -- Steve