Re: [Public WebGL] maximum varying vectors / uniforms etc.

They are in OpenGL 3.x and 4.x. MAX_VARYING_FLOATS was deprecated in OpenGL 3.1.

Regards

    -Mark

On 2010/08/03 17:14, Gregg Tavares (wrk) wrote:

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
Hi Gregg,

As I wrote on this topic, what feels like several months ago, MAX_VARYING_FLOATS is deprecated. The translator should do

I mis-stated.

The translator does not look up these values. It expects them to be passed in by whatever code uses it so if that code is running on OpenGL then it uses certain code. If it's running on OpenGL ES 2.0 it uses different code. It's up to the particular implementation to figure out what's appropriate for it's own platform/s

#define MIN(x,y) x > y ? y : x

  glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_VERTEX_OUTPUT_COMPONENTS, &max_vertex_output_comps);
  glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_INPUT_COMPONENTS, &max_fragment_input_comps);
  max_varying_vectors_  = MIN(max_vertex_output_comps, max_fragment_input_comps) / 4;

Most of the WebGL implementations are running on top of OpenGL 2.1  These constants don't appear to exist in OpenGL 2.1.  Am I missing something? Should these constants be used on OpenGL 2.1 or are we talking about some other OpenGL version?

Regards

    -Mark

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow
n:Callow;Mark
org:HI Corporation;Middleware Development
email;internet:callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp
title:Chief Architect
tel;work:+81 3 3710 9367
tel;fax:+81 3 5773 8660