Re: [Public WebGL] Shader validation and limitations

On Jun 18, 2010, at 6:05 PM, Gregg Tavares wrote:

> Here's one more
> https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/sdk/tests/extra/slow-shader-example.html
>
> It's a 1 line shader, no loops. It draws just 1000 1024x1024 quads. It resets my Windows7 and had it both freeze my Macbook for 10-20 seconds on a couple of runs and also crash my Macbook completely on other runs.

Can you send me detailed results for these tests (i.e., the shader you ran, the results on these machines, the hardware config of each machine)? I'm collecting results for an internal bug report to the Apple OpenGL driver group. Your data would really help them understand how to fix it, and hopefully which drivers are the highest priority.

If anyone else has useful results on Mac, that would be helpful as well.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com