Re: [Public WebGL] OpenCL in WebGL?

On 17/06/2010, at 12:28 AM, Chris Marrin wrote:
In the meantime, it would be interesting to understand why your content has the performance it does. Can you sample it? It may be the interface to Typed Arrays being slow, which can be significantly improved. Or it may be in some heavily used WebGL API call, which might be optimizable some. We should make sure we have all the fast path logic possible in place before resorting to other technologies to solve performance problems.

Hi Chris,

I have confirmed with Thatcher that we're seeing approximately the same results via the benchmark, and he is musing about porting to C++ for an A/B test to verify where bottlenecks are coming into the picture.

I am pleased to hear that there is an OpenCL ES on its way, and have no current issue other than a wish list for more speed, which I'm sure everyone shares. :)

Steve.

--
  steve@adam.com.au