Re: [Public WebGL] OpenCL in WebGL?

On Jun 15, 2010, at 11:17 PM, Lee Sandberg wrote:

> Hi
>
> If we could have one thread (first) updating textures an issuing draw calls only and the second thread running the appilication and updating the scenegraph that would be better. Even better if the draw loop can be native which includes alot of scenegraph traversing etc.

Yes, investigating using Web Workers would be interesting. That will most likely have performance issues with the communication between the threads, which today is string based. But we've discussed ways to make it possible to pass data between threads using Typed Arrays. But if we get experience with Web Workers, I'm sure we can find some areas for optimization.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com