Re: [Public WebGL] Need to start getting serious about shaders

We'll  (I'll) add some more conformance tests for this.

The current tests to test for that kind of stuff are here.

https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/sdk/tests/conformance/glsl-conformance.html

I'll add a few casting ones asap.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
On 15/06/2010 03:02, Oliver Hunt wrote:
> And of course we have to ensure compatible behaviour across all
> implementations across as many systems as possible which means that
> all the implementations will have to ensure as close to identical
> behaviour as possible, regardless of platform.
>
> eg. with the exception of resource constraints all code that works on
> one combination of device+platform should work on another.  So the
> validator will need to either reject all code using implicit casts, or
> correct for the absence of explicit casts.
The validator needs to reject all code using implicit casts as they are
not supported in GLSL ES.

Regards

   -Mark