Re: [Public WebGL] Help needed to configure browser

There are some Intel motherboard chipsets that don't have OpenGL drivers
in some versions of Windows - in those situations, you need to enable
the software implementation of OpenGL (which is another checkbox in the
about:config menu).  However, doing that is going to be abysmally slow
for all but the simplest cases.

But if you have even a halfway decent graphics device on your machine
(an nVidia 6800 card from 2004 runs WebGL just fine on my oldest
computer!) - then the things you did should have been enough to make it
work.  Since that didn't work, we have to assume that your graphics
system doesn't have OpenGL drivers.

(It would be nice if the JavaScript canvas creation stuff gave the
application enough information to produce a better error message under
these circumstances!)

  -- Steve