Re: [Public WebGL] GetParameter(COLOR_WRITEMASK)

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current WebGL spec says that GetParameter(COLOR_WRITEMASK) returns an array of 4 uint8's. But in the OpenGL ES 2.0 documentation, it is an array of four bools.
>
> http://www.khronos.org/opengles/sdk/2.0/docs/man/glGet.xml
>
> Which seems more logical, since they are really boolean values --- only 2 possible values, not 256.
>
> So is this a typo in the WebGL spec?

I think this was done because again at the time it wasn't possible to
express i.e. "boolean[]" in Web IDL. Actually with the WebGL typedefs
this would return "GLboolean[]".

We could change this; it would require some (more) handwritten JS
binding code but otherwise isn't a big deal. Thoughts?