发件人: Giles Thomas
发送时间: 2010-06-10  20:40:58
收件人: Steve Baker
抄送: public webgl
主题: Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL on cellphones.
On 10 June 2010 13:07, Steve Baker <steve@sjbaker.org> wrote:
What is the status/prospects for WebGL on cellphones?   I can see that
the specification is aimed more at OpenGLES than full-up OpenGL, so
clearly this has been thought about.   Are there any test
implementations out there for either Android or iPhone that I could get
a hold of to play with?

It's not Android or iPhone, but Nokia's latest firmware for their N900 smartphone supports WebGL by default in the built-in Gecko-based browser (somewhat to the surprise of the Mozilla guys, it seems).  I put together a video of some of the demos that run on it: <http://learningwebgl.com/blog/?p=2340>.  A summary: as you'd expect, it's behind where the desktop implementations are, but it works surprisingly well.

Cheers,

Giles
--
Giles Thomas