Re: [Public WebGL] Buffer size and viewport

----- "Kenneth Russell" <kbr@google.com> wrote:

> Would it be technically possible in your current implementation to
> destroy the old pbuffer and create a new one, but continue to use the
> same GL context?

Hmm -- maybe!  I misread the wglMakeCurrent docs, so this should be possible.  I'll give it a shot.

> What do you think about strengthening the wording in the spec around
> this? Implementations that are incapable of handling a resize
> operation gracefully could post a WebGLContextLost /
> WebGLContextRestored event pair. We could state that implementations
> that are incapable of handling a resize operation gracefully could
> post a WebGLContextLost / WebGLContextRestored event pair(*), but that
> it is strongly encouraged not to resort to this mechanism, and to
> preserve the context's state during resizing.

That sounds like a good idea; given that we already have the concept of a lost context, seems pretty natural to put it in here.  I agree that we should encourage implementations to take steps to avoid having to use it in this case, though.

   - Vlad