Re: [Public WebGL] Buffer size and viewport

Vlad
Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

Note that this is currently not implemented in Firefox, as we create a new pbuffer context for each resize thus losing all previous GL resources.
Not being awkward, and for clarification, you are saying that you think the spec *does* require you to not destroy the context but currently Firefox does. My comment to Ken was that I couldn't see where the spec. explicitly requires that on resize the context is NOT lost.

A;am

 We correctly track that now and throw errors when you try to use them in the future -- this is why things like MeShade don't work.  We'll likely switch soon to using FBOs for backbuffer rendering -- the main reason I'm not a fan of that is that it requires you to share resources with a parent GL context that's rendering to the screen, which means you don't get nice cleanup semantics by just destroying a GL context.  You have to make sure you delete all objects; I also worry about fragmentation issues with very long lived GL contexts (such as the parent context), with many contexts being created/destroyed that share resources with it... but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

    - Vlad