Re: [Public WebGL] Purpose of WebGLObjectArray ?

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 08:45, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:
> It's true, this was done before we felt we could use sequence<>. In fact I thought we had decided to get rid of it a while back in favor of sequence<WebGLShader>.

Great.

After reading WebIDL spec I've understood that T[ ] is passed
by-reference and sequence<T> is passed by-value, which sounds possibly
less efficient and farther in principle than the C signature, any
reason to prefer sequence instead of array ?

Also is untyped "sequence" valid (and intended) for all uniform*v and
vertexAttrib*v signatures ?
I guess they should be "sequence<GLfloat>" or sequence<GLint>".

(here also, passing by-value may generate unwanted copies on some bindings ?)

Regards,