Re: [Public WebGL] Error codes in drawArrays / drawElements

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> These Khronos tests suggests that in certain circumstances drawArray / drawElements give INVALID_OPERATION, as opposed to INVALID_VALUE:
>
> https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/sdk/tests/fast/draw-arrays-out-of-bounds.html
> https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/sdk/tests/fast/draw-elements-out-of-bounds.html
>
> But neither the WebGL spec, nor the OpenGL ES documentation, say that these functions can give INVALID_OPERATION.

Section 4.1 of the WebGL indicates, but does not currently specify,
this behavior.

We agreed at the F2F that generating an INVALID_OPERATION error will
be the specified behavior. The spec still needs to catch up but the
tests verify the intended behavior.

-Ken