Re: [Public WebGL] Resurrecting Update Scheduling

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM, Ben Vanik <Ben.Vanik@microsoft.com> wrote:

True... It’s a difference in complexity between how the data moves between threads and how you reliably use GL off-thread (grumble Intel GMA grumble). Same crazy things crop up when you start to talk about hardware accelerated 2D canvas implementations, too.

If you want to composite on a different thread to the thread running WebGL JS (which you do!), you already open that can of worms.

Rob
--
"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all." [Isaiah 53:5-6]