Re: [Public WebGL] Resurrecting Update Scheduling

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Jonatan Wallmander <jonatan@vovoid.com> wrote:
if all of the following are true:
 - nothing obscuring the 3d-canvas (no hovering semi-transparent divs etc)
 - canvas is 100% opaque (style-wise)
 - not clipped against browser client area
 - alternative take on the previous condition: if there are scrollbars, always run compositor
then
render directly
else
render with compositor (software/hardware)

This is not necessary. Compositing happens entirely on the GPU side so it should be fast enough. Also, at least in Gecko, only visible content is actually present in the compositor's layer tree, so if only a single canvas is visible the compositor doesn't have much to do; we kinda get your optimization already.

Rob
--
"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all." [Isaiah 53:5-6]