Re: [Public WebGL] Resurrecting Update Scheduling

Also, I agree with Vladimir's point that this is not WebGL-specific;
it would also be helpful e.g. for 2d canvas, modifying CSS transforms,
animating DOM elements etc.

I think the API could be as simple as:

  window.setDisplayTimeout(func, millis);

It would behave similar to setTimeout(), but if vsync is available if
would call back at the next vsync.  If vsync is not available, it
would call back after the specified time interval (I haven't thought
this part through).  For the case when the display is not visible, it
could defer the callback indefinitely, until the display is exposed
again.

-T