Re: [Public WebGL] Depth+stencil extension

On 2010-04-04 08:35, Kenneth Russell wrote:
The primary question is whether we think it is acceptable to fail to
attach both stencil and depth+stencil attachments to FBOs in a
compliant WebGL implementation.

I'm pretty sure there will be quite a lot of content not using the stencil buffer at all. Failing to display all content because some does not work seems a bit harsh to me and I would rather not forbid implementations to run most (or at least some) content in such circumstances.

If we want to make it more clear that stencil and depth+stencil are not always supported another option would be to make them extensions instead of required functionality.

//Tim