[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Public WebGL] Re: Quake II on WebGL
- To: Joel Webber <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Public WebGL] Re: Quake II on WebGL
- From: Kenneth Russell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 12:36:38 -0700
- Cc: email@example.com, Stefan Haustein <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ray Cromwell <email@example.com>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=beta; t=1270237002; bh=wj0CEPij4uBZfvXYn3i72QYJBy8=; h=MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:References:Date:Message-ID:Subject:From: To:Cc:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=JZUa/QzdAXqHuoIePpdx7kzzQD3ieukhbT+lrggnONH4qrf5d+AahjuyShAHBDpFf A7aGqk5SHQ48loitvtwNA==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; s=beta; d=google.com; c=nofws; q=dns; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to: cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-system-of-record; b=LmJURVPapxg/0Mh6wsM5l7uKZyTIoBf0Vhp37U7W1hmVUiOadGnOwDhD4IW64LQox lyvWR2f+tU/V9lasmSd/A==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Joel Webber <email@example.com> wrote:
> In case you haven't seen this elsewhere, several of us just made public our
> WebGL port of the Quake II engine:
> I thought this might be of some interest to this list, as it's probably the
> heaviest use of WebGL I've seen to date. It's basically a straight port of
> the original Quake II C code, via Java, and through GWT to translate it to
> which we intend to write up as soon as we have a few spare cycles. To
> foreshadow a bit, let me say that the new Typed Arrays proposal
> is definitely on the right track for solving some of our most egregious
> performance issues.
> Have a look if you have a moment, and feel free to ask us any questions you
> may have.
This is really amazing and a remarkable technical achievement. Awesome work!
We would really appreciate hearing your feedback on the typed array
proposal sooner rather than later if your larger performance writeup
will take some time. We're in the process of refactoring the WebGL
specification to reference the typed array spec, and would like to
start soliciting feedback on typed arrays in other working groups.
Your work on quake2-gwt will provide an immensely compelling argument
You are currently subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe, send an email to email@example.com with
the following command in the body of your email: