Re: [Public WebGL] Lost Context

Yet another lost context issue...

How about adding a new error CONTEXT_LOST that gl.getError returns on all commands once the context is lost?

Here's the issue that I think needs solving.

You create a WebGL program that loads stuff asynchronously (like many of the current WebGL demos), while loading you lose the context (user sleeps the device, etc...), on recovery if the GL calls don't give CONTEXT_LOST than it doesn't seem like the initialization code will be able to distinguish between real failure "ie, this app can't run on this device" and lost context "ie, I need to start initialization over".

Thoughts?