Re: [Public WebGL] Extension mechanism for WebGL

On Feb 18, 2010, at 12:41 PM, Gregg Tavares wrote:

> Does the proposed extension mechanism have any issues if WebGL decides to support shared GL resources in the future?
>
> For example, if I tell 2 contexts to share resources, I enable floating point textures in 1 context, I make a floating point texture, what happens if I try to use that floating point texture in the second context?

Good question. But that seems like an issue that can be resolved when we get to it. I don't see any issues that would change the design of the extension mechanism. I think these issues can be dealt with in a future resource sharing spec.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com