Re: [Public WebGL] Extension mechanism for WebGL

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:
Both of these options assume that enabling and detecting the presence of an extension are included in the call (enableExtension in the first case, getExtension in the second). We could still provide an explicit hasExtension(name) or getExtensionList() call. But I don't think it adds any value.

I think getExtensionList() has some value :
- If a developer needs two or more extensions simultaneously for enabling a particular rendering technique on his/her engine, it allows avoiding temporary creation/initialization of "extension objects" if the whole set of required extensions is not available.
- It gives developers an easy way to get data on the available extensions for their user base (again, without lots of temporary objects creation), which can be useful to decide if/when a particular extension is worth developing for.

Regards,