Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL back buffer contents

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Oliver Hunt <oliver@apple.com> wrote:

On Jan 27, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Gregg Tavares wrote:

> That doesn't change the size of the backbuffer, it only changes the size the backbuffer is displayed at on the screen. That exact example would give you 300x300 pixel backbuffer which is then scaled to fit whatever size the it needs to be scaled to for size of that element on the page. As it scales the backbuffer would say 300x300 pixels.
>
> The size of the backbuffer can only be set 2 ways
>
> <cavnas width="100" ...>
>
> canvas.width = 100;
>
> Neither of those settings can be a percent.
When I say display size i mean the css style defined size not the backing buffer resolution (which is detached from display size)

Yes but gl.Viewport has nothing to do with "display" size. It has to do with "render area". Which pixels in the backbuffer do I want my drawing commands to effect regardless of what size I display that backbuffer at.

--Oliver