Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL back buffer contents

> In recent conversations with people at NVIDIA they were pretty adamant
> that we not mess with the OpenGL state, in particular the viewport,
> upon changing the canvas size. Gregg's render target example is a good
> reason to not automatically call glViewport() behind the scenes.
> Another point is that it isn't obvious exactly when the implicit call
> to  glViewport() would be made -- whether it would be synchronous with
> the setting of the width / height properties or whether it would
> somehow be done lazily, before the first draw call after the canvas is
> resized.
>
> I used to think that doing this automatically would be a good idea but
> because of the semantic details I don't any more.

Just for clarity are we referring to the buffer size changing, or the display size changing?

eg. changing canvasElement.width/height vs canvasElement.style.width/height

To remain in keeping with CanvasRenderingContext2D behaviour, changing display size should not
have any impact at all on the graphics state, although given that can happen non-programmatically
we may want an event?

> -Ken

--Oliver