Re: [Public WebGL] getContext multiple context language

On 27/01/2010, at 1:39 AM, Chris Marrin wrote:
I think this should be more forceful. I think the last sentence would be better as: "A given context API specification shall define under what conditions, if any, it is able to perform simultaneous rendering. If it does, it must describe the synchronization behavior with respect to all other active contexts."

Here is an interesting multi-context scenario that popped into my mind last night. Currently some vertex/fragment shaders will fall back to software, while others will be hardware. It would be interesting if some of the drawing could be done in hardware and some in software, such that the bulk of the image can be accelerated and the finer detail being added in by the more capable software renderer.

-- steve@adam.com.au