Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL back buffer contents

On Jan 26, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Vangelis Kokkevis wrote:

> I think we should settle on having the contents of the WebGL drawing
> buffer be persistent, like the 2D context. Having a completely new
> back buffer potentially swapped in unexpectedly will be too surprising
> to the programmer.
>
> -Ken
>
> I like that idea although I'm not sure how we would handle resizing of drawing surface.  What's the expectation then?

Here is what the Canvas element says:

	When the canvas element is created, and subsequently whenever the width and height attributes are
	set (whether to a new value or to the previous value), the bitmap and any associated contexts must
	be cleared back to their initial state and reinitialized with the newly specified coordinate space
	dimensions.

	When the canvas is initialized, its bitmap must be cleared to transparent black.

That seems like an appropriate definition for us.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com