Re: [Public WebGL] NPOT (non-power-of-two) textures

Why are you picking on OpenGL ES? The fact that OpenGL ES 2.0 NPOT features are a subset of desktop is not a cause of the problems you are experiencing. Rather the cause is (a) an application bug and (b) laptop hardware that implements a subset of desktop NPOT support ( that seems to be the same as ES 2.0) and a driver that falls back to software when the application exceeds that subset. If you do what Ken has suggested, such application bugs will be found during development not deployment.

Regards

   -Mark

Chris Marrin wrote:
Ugh, once again the vagaries of the various OpenGL specs bites me in the ass.  OpenGL ES does not support the same NPOT capabilities as OpenGL! So this is just a matter of properly simulating the GLES NPOT capability in desktop OpenGL. That makes things much easier. So the changes I made to my demos brings them into WebGL spec compliance. Now we just need to fix the WebKit implementation.

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow
n:Callow;Mark
org:HI Corporation;Middleware Development
email;internet:callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp
title:Chief Architect
tel;work:+81 3 3710 9367
tel;fax:+81 3 5773 8660