Re: [Public WebGL] NPOT (non-power-of-two) textures

Given that Rectangle Textures use different samplers in the shaders (sampler2DRect vs sampler2D) I don't think you could practically emulate this in a shader-based API.

You have to muck with the shader anyway to un-normalize the texture.  Using a different sampler doesn't add any work.  I'm not saying it's easy.

To the best of my knowledge hardware with NPOT support was introduced in mid 2004.

-- Kenneth Waters