Re: [Public WebGL] NPOT (non-power-of-two) textures

On Jan 14, 2010, at 11:29 AM, Kenneth Waters wrote:

OpenGL ES only supports NPOT, not RT. So does that mean we leave these older cards in the cold? The only options I see are:

OpenGL-ES does not support full NPOT textures.  It has similar restrictions to rectangle, except the texture coordinates are normalized.  It may be possible to emulate them with Rectangle, but I haven't dug into all of the semantics.

Given that Rectangle Textures use different samplers in the shaders (sampler2DRect vs sampler2D) I don't think you could practically emulate this in a shader-based API.