Re: [Public WebGL] Some WebGL draft feedback

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:

Kenneth Russell wrote:

If an explicit wait is added to the API, what happens if the developer fails to call it before rendering with a different context? Do they get an exception or incorrect rendering results?
Incorrect rendering. The exception checks would have the same performance and tentacle-spreading issues I raised before.

I don't think incorrect rendering results are an acceptable alternative. I also dispute whether the check to see if the given rendering context is "current" upon each graphics call would have any perceptible performance impact. We currently have and need such checks in the WebGL implementations for Safari and Chrome and they are negligible in cost.

-Ken