Re: [Public WebGL] Some WebGL draft feedback

Kenneth Russell wrote:
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:

The ability to support 2 separate OpenGL contexts on the same drawable is certainly not a universal feature. We shouldn't its existence on a particular platform as evidence that it would be easy to support on any platform. It's important for the design to be adaptable to many architectures without unduly hampering some.

It's a feature in every OpenGL window system binding I'm aware of except those on Mac OS X, which doesn't provide an abstraction for the OpenGL drawable.
It is not a "feature" of every OpenGL ES 1.1 window system binding. I put feature in quotes because the feature is supported by the EGL API but implementations are not required to support EGL surfaces that can be rendered to by multiple contexts. I have not yet worked with enough ES 2.0 implementations to be able to make the same statement for that but I would not be in the least surprised to find similarly limited implementations.

Regards

    -Mark
begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow