Re: [Public WebGL] WebGLContextAttributes

On Jan 5, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:

,,,As Philip pointed out we also need to remove the NameSetter,
NameGetter and NameDeleter extended attributes. In other words, rather
than trying to specify it as a dictionary, we need to state which
attributes the DOM code will look up via callbacks. This is the IDL
which will give us the desired result:

   [Callback] interface WebGLContextAttributes {
       attribute boolean alpha;
       attribute boolean depth;
       attribute boolean stencil;
       attribute boolean antialias;
       attribute boolean premultipliedAlpha;
   };

Are there any objections to my updating the specification for
WebGLContextAttributes?

None from me. In fact, I would appreciate it!

Sections 5.1 and 5.1.1 have been updated. Feedback welcome.

Looking at the changes, it strikes me  that this is not as flexible as the original design. Originally I had envisioned allowing any data type to be passed in the attributes. This would allow in the future to, for instance, pass the desired number of bits for the depth buffer, or a string describing the antialias mode. I wonder if it would be reasonable to change the attribute types to 'any' and state that in this release any value passed is interpreted as a boolean, using normal ECMAScript conversion rules.

-----
~Chris