Re: [Public WebGL] Some WebGL draft feedback

If it's convenient others will likely do the same thing. It would therefore be nice to have a consistent mime-type.

Even if it's not convenient or there are other better ways, I think you've let the genie out of the bottle. Many people are copying and will continue to copy the framework of your examples.

Regards

    -Mark

Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
You can't do 3-level mime types, but you can do script/glsl-es, script/glsl-es+vertex, etc.  But -- I don't think that we need to do any of this, as I don't think there's any need for a standardized glsl mime type, at least for WebGL purposes.  My original c3d demos used the x-shader/x-vertex stuff as just an example of how shader content could be stuck in html content, and other demos have done something similar; it's convenient, but you could just as easily put it all in a custom XML file, inline string, in a display:none <div> or anywhere else, as it was all loaded in the pure js side without involving WebGL at all.  It may not have been the best idea in the first place, even :-)

    - Vlad

On Dec 23, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Carl van Heezik wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I have some questions about the <script> tag for including vertex / fragment shaders in the webpage. I see in the apple demo’s that they use “x-shader/x-vertex” and “x-shader/x-fragment” as script type. Is this the proposed standard type? I would prefer something like “text/glsl” or “text/shader” because its looks more like the existing “text/_javascript_” type.
We are not proposing any mime-types for this. using a mime-type preceeded by 'x-' indicates an experimental type. I am just using it to identify the type of the content of the script.

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow
n:Callow;Mark
email;internet:callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp