Re: [Public WebGL] Additional texture/vertex formats

You could still upload Float16 data as an opaque byte array, which would make it useful for some model or texture formats. I would imagine that the image based lighting mentioned earlier would be precomputed, and as such could be pulled from the server directly with no JS transformation.

As such I don't see a big need to mangle Float32 data into a lower precision on the fly. It sounds convenient, but I have a hard time imagining that it would end up as anything but a performance pitfall for uninformed devs.