Re: [Public WebGL] iOS chrome

Given the tremendous level of competition that there now is on the market for Android browsers, I expect that Android browsers will improve very fast over the next year --- and that eventually Apple will feel the incentive to reconsider allowing browser competition on iOS to keep it competitive as an OS on which people need to run browsers.

Benoit

I agree that it sucks that other browsers are not allowed on iOS and that Apple has chosen to limit the speed for embedded UIWebViews.

That said, for my current uses of a *mobile* browser, which rarely include pages that are heavy with _javascript_, I personally find Chrome on iOS a much better experience than Safari on iOS.

Of course everyone's uses are different. YMMV

All I'm saying is give it a try. Despite the limits Apple has made it live within I still find that I prefer it over iOS Safari ... for now. If and when that changes I'll switch back.