Re: [Public WebGL] HI-DPI displays and WebGL issues

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
If the frameworks used gl.drawingBuffer{Width,Height} then, they wouldn't have a problem?
I think that if you used drawingBufferWidth/Height that you would have less problems. I don't have a personal preference over the semantic of the API if it's canvas.width/height == pixels or gl.drawingBufferWidth/Height == pixels, they achieve the same thing. But canvas.width/height == pixels is used by far more users and gl.drawingBufferWidth/Height is used by nearly nobody.

The one problem I see remaining with an implicit conversion is that things like coordinate system dependent transformations (like mouse coordinates for instance) may be broken, something that will not happen with the canvas.width/height == pixels solution, because that would be opt-in.