Re: [Public WebGL] Changing extension spec boilerplate

David,

Thank you very much for your reply.

On 21/06/2012 15:49, David Sheets wrote:

After
webgl/extensions$ grep -R additions *

Edited like

I was hoping for a way that does not break the build of existing extension spec's. How about if I add a <webgl-additions> node by cloning the <additions> node?

extensions/template/extension.xml describes in comments the source
generating <http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/template/>
using the major features of the system (notably missing the recently
added cross-specification references).
I know. I've been following it. Speaking of extension.xml I get an instance of the following error for each extension processed by xsltproc each time I run make:

warning: failed to load external entity "/extension.xml"

I can't find this file. Is it supposed to refer to the template file? I also can't see why I get multiple instances of the error message as it is only referred to in the makefile as a prerequisite for the generation of a single file: registry.xml.

Any idea?

What XML editor do you use? Does it understand any other XML schema languages?
XMLMind. It understands DTD's W3D XML Schema and RELAX NG Schema.

I am interested to know more about your use case. Which components
(e.g. API, state, GLSL) of the standard does your proposal extend?
Does the extension introduce any new namespaces or reference any
external namespaces?
It extends the WebGL API. It also extends state and GLSL but those parts of will be coming from an existing OES extension. Once I have the proposal in reasonable shape I'll post it to this list for discussion.

Regards

    -Mark