Re: [Public WebGL] off-line opengl render?

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
I don't know if my local webgl runtime can deal with large images, but then there are limitation with url length
 All WebGL implementations support 2048x2048 and most (91%) support 4096x4096.
You don't need dataURL, you can obtain the image rendered if you attach a texture to an FBO and perform a readPixels from the FBO, you will get a typed Uint8Array back.
Upload to your server can be done with XHR2 that can transmit binary data, so no expensive conversion to base64 or the like required.