Re: [Public WebGL] off-line opengl render?

--- On Tue, 19/6/12, Gregg Tavares (çç) <gman@google.com> wrote:

From: Gregg Tavares (çç) <gman@google.com>
Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] off-line opengl render?
To: "Tom Sparks" <tom_a_sparks@yahoo.com.au>
Cc: public_webgl@khronos.org

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

I am wondering is there a off-line opengl render to allow me render 5Mpx images?

What do you mean by "off-line"?
non-real time
If you just want OpenGL you can do that on any OS that supports OpenGL. Otherwise you can use OSMESA
osmesa look like it may do the job

For WebGL you can run a small server, render a scene, call canvas.toDataURL, pass the resulting string to your server, have it uudecode the string and save it.
I don't know if my local webgl runtime can deal with large images, but then there are limitation with url length

tom