Re: [Public WebGL] off-line opengl render?

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

I am wondering is there a off-line opengl render to allow me render 5Mpx images?

What do you mean by "off-line"?

If you just want OpenGL you can do that on any OS that supports OpenGL. Otherwise you can use OSMESA

For WebGL you can run a small server, render a scene, call canvas.toDataURL, pass the resulting string to your server, have it uudecode the string and save it.

There's sample code for a node.js server that saves images here
https://code.google.com/p/webglsamples/source/browse/server/server.js

And example client side code that calls it here
https://code.google.com/p/webglsamples/source/browse/tdl/screenshot.js

---
tom_a_sparks "It's a nerdy thing I like to do"
Please use ISO approved file formats excluding Office Open XML - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
Ubuntu wiki page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/tomsparks
3 x (x)Ubuntu 10.04, Amiga A1200 WB 3.1, UAE AF 2006 Premium Edition, AF 2012 Plus Edition, Sam440 AOS 4.1.2, Roland DXY-1300 pen plotter, Cutok DC330 cutter/pen plotter
Wanted: RiscOS system, GEOS system (C64/C128), Atari ST, Apple Macintosh (6502/68k/PPC only)