Re: [Public WebGL] How to set a canvas backing store to display units?

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:

On 19/06/2012 11:12, Gregg Tavares (çç) wrote:

Show me a broken app.

All those apps you've been telling us about.

If allocated drawing buffer size < canvas size < MAX_VIEWPORT_DIM then an application using canvas{Width,Height} to set the viewport will end up with only part of its intended view visible in the canvas.

If allocated drawing buffer size >= MAX_VIEWPORT_DIM < canvas size then pixel based features based on hard-coded pixel numbers will be larger than the developer intended, relative to everything else, because there are fewer pixels than expected.

And as I've pointed out several times, (1) that situation almost never comes up (2) the only reason that's in the spec is to give browsers a way to prevent crashing.

Try to make it happen? I suspect you'll have a very hard time.

Developers can basically ignore that part of the spec. The odds of a user hitting that rare case is exceedingly small

Regards

ÂÂÂ -Mark