Re: [Public WebGL] software polygon graphics style

--- On Mon, 18/6/12, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
From: Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] software polygon graphics style
To: "Tom Sparks" <tom_a_sparks@yahoo.com.au>
Cc: "public webgl" <public_webgl@khronos.org>

>On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks@yahoo.com.au> >wrote:

>I am wondering if software polygon graphics style could be recreated with webgl?

>>Turn off anti-aliasing, reduce the resolution to 1/4, and use flat shading for everyting (no shared normals, just face normals)

rend386 had these shading modes
* flat shading
* cosine shading
* screen door transparency
* metal effect
see image https://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~broehl/images/avrilwld.gif

do the screen-door and metal effect need to be textures?

star fox had affine texture mapping system

i've read though the opengl texture options, but I cant find any way of setting the texture options to affine

tom