Re: [Public WebGL] How to set a canvas backing store to display units?

On 15/06/2012 15:21, Gregg Tavares (çç) wrote:

I'm not sure what your point is. Yes, the code could be written better to deal with exceptional cases but it will rarely hit those cases. Are you suggesting a change in the spec that would make code magically work?
My point is solely that the code is broken. I thought you were trying to change the spec. to make such code magically work.

The intent of the spec as written is

1) Give the developer exactly what they ask for. If they ask for 640x480 they get 640x480
I don't remember us ever discussing changing canvas width and height from css pixels and we certainly didn't do it. Therefore the developer has never been able to ask for a 640 x 480 device pixel canvas. I am only pointing this out. I do not think we should change the meaning of canvas width and height.

Regards

ÂÂÂ -Mark