Re: [Public WebGL] comparing typed arrays

I'd like to point out that while I think a memcmp on typed arrays would be a really good idea, that may not accurately cover the case that you're describing Fabrice (comparing matrices). Given the quirks of floating point calculations if the matrices you were comparing had been calculated mathematically rather than copied directly from a static source you could easily introduce minor variations into the matrix elements that would cause a memcmp to fail. A more realistic (though unfortunately slower) usage would be to compare each value with a small epsilon to account for floating point jitter.

Of course, that entirely depends on your use case. I'm just saying that while I fully support fast TypeArray comparisons I don't think it should be advocated for comparing vectors/matrices in general.

--BrandonÂ