Re: [Public WebGL] comparing typed arrays

Hi Florian,

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Fabrice Robinet <cmg473@motorola.com> wrote:
Looking at the typed array spec I did not find a way to compare (efficiently) 2 arrays,
Is that something that was considered and discarded for some reason ? Or did it just not made it into the spec yet ?
I don't know the reason why it's not in the spec. I would think it'd be useful  if the comparison operator between typed arrays/views would make a range check and if matching performed a memcmp.

Indeed, specifying a range for the compare and underneath relying on memcmp is *exactly* what I believe is missing.

I'll follow up by filing an issue about this.

Thanks,
Fabrice.