Re: [Public WebGL] specifying the allowed character range for extension strings

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
> By the way, the spec uses the word "shall" a lot; they should probably all
> say "must".

Ah. That will be a big switch. Could you file a bug to track that?
http://www.khronos.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=WebGL . Thanks.

On double-checking, I guess it's allowed by RFC 2119, but current web specs just never use it. I guess it's not worth a bunch of changes (well, looks like 12).

A related thing, though: the words "must" and "must not" (as well as other normative RFC 2119 phrases) should never be used in non-normative sections, since they explicitly call out a normative requirement. Looks like there are two cases of this, in 4.2 and 5.15.3.

--
Glenn Maynard