Re: [Public WebGL] specifying the allowed character range for extension strings

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion. Updated 5.14.14 "Detecting and enabling
>> extensions"; please review.
>

> Rather than "Extension strings are case-insensitive", I'd say in
> getExtension: "Returns an object if name is an ASCII case-insensitive match
> for a supported extension string; otherwise, returns null."  (I don't think
> "and only if" or "valid" are necessary.)  If you think it's helpful, you can
> xref that to
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#ascii-case-insensitive.

Thanks. Actually it was already linking to that; probably you hit it
before the server script pulled the latest copy. I deleted the
sentence about the strings being case-insensitive. Here's the current
direct link to the Subversion repo:

https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/specs/latest/index.html#5.14.14

> By the way, the spec uses the word "shall" a lot; they should probably all
> say "must".

Ah. That will be a big switch. Could you file a bug to track that?
http://www.khronos.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=WebGL . Thanks.