Re: [Public WebGL] specifying the allowed character range for extension strings

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. Updated 5.14.14 "Detecting and enabling
extensions"; please review.

Rather than "Extension strings are case-insensitive", I'd say in getExtension: "Returns an object if name is an ASCII case-insensitive match for a supported extension string; otherwise, returns null."Â (I don't think "and only if" or "valid" are necessary.)Â If you think it's helpful, you can xref that to http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#ascii-case-insensitive.

By the way, the spec uses the word "shall" a lot; they should probably all say "must".

--
Glenn Maynard