Re: [Public WebGL] The state of MRTs

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
First, if there is no
expectation that the functionality will appear on mobile hardware any
time soon,

I personally would not support adding extensions to WebGL that are not
slated to appear on mobile hardware in some reasonable time frame.
All I'm hearing is "oh it's not coming for mobiles, therefore won't do".

Is this confirmed? Is there some kind of official word on the ES workings on MRTs? Because if that's what it is. Then I have a radically different opinion. If Mobiles are *never* gonna support MRTs, then we can just as well add them to WebGL right now. Because, we're not gonna wait 10 or 20 years for them.