Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL performance regression tests!

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Ilja Friedel <ihf@google.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>

>> For what it's worth, the performance regression tests are now much
>> expanded, covering in particular the dreaded texture format conversions.
>>
>> Still same URL:
>>
>> http://hg.mozilla.org/users/bjacob_mozilla.com/webgl-perf-tests/raw-file/tip/webgl-performance-tests.html
>

> I second the very nice. To run this in practice in a regression suite one
> would need an easy way to adjust the work done for each individual test to
> say 50ms or 100ms. Right now on my atom test runtimes are between 8ms and
> 517ms. 8ms is awfully hard to distinguish from zero and computing any sum
> (or even geometric mean) is dodgy. Maybe allow for some kind of
> configuration/ parameterization of the number of loops running for each
> test?

Good point. The V8 benchmark suite generally runs each benchmark for a
fixed period of time, say 2 seconds, and measures the number of
iterations of the test that can be performed in that time, rather than
using a fixed number of iterations. This seems to be a pretty robust
methodology.